The San Diego, Ca “chapter” of the Low Carb USA group is having its next meeting on Saturday, February 16th, 2019 from 12:30-2:00 pm. All are welcome to this free meeting of those interested in the low carb high fat lifestyle. Keto friendly and intermittent fasting vendors, resources and support for our community will be there! This will be another great meeting with 2 featured speakers. We will have the vendors in the reception area and the speakers on the exercise floor and it will be comfortable!
Location: The TriSystem Center, 8898 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., Suite J, San Diego, Ca 92123
*If you are a regular, we appreciate you coming early to help set up chairs and tables.
- 12:30 pm – Welcome from Jeff, Rachel, and Brian.
- As Always –Our Preferred Vendors will be there selling their products.
- 12:35 – 1:05 pm – Dr. Pouya Afshar, MD – an internist in San Diego, California and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area. He received his medical degree from University of Texas Medical Branch and has been in practice over 10 years. Dr. Afshar is on the forefront of revolutionizing emergency medicine and managed care in the home with mobile ER’s and other medical services. He will be speaking about a solution to the US healthcare problem that embraces ketogenic nutrition and exercise as tools to directly reduce insurance costs.
- 1:05 – 1:20 pm – Jeff Kotterman. LMSN will give a brief summary of recent research, metrics and markers of progressing on a ketogenic regimen.
- 1:20 – 1:50 pm – Dr. Marc Robinson DPT, will talk about the multifaceted causes of low back pain and how a low carb/ketogenic diet will work well with both acute and preventative physical therapy.
- 1:50 – 2:00 pm Close of meeting and mixing with vendors and speakers.
- Dr. Brian Lenzkes is available for professional private consultations.
- Dr. Marc Robinson is available for initial assessment and PT sessions
- Jeff Kotterman is also available for nutrition and exercise sessions
- Doug Reynolds and Pam Devine with Low Carb USA will also be there!
*If you are a regular, we appreciate you helping at 2:00 pm to help clean up chairs and tables.