Dear TriSystem Client:
Your health and wellness are our top priority at TriSystem. As we face the uncertainty created by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), our family would like you to know that we are taking additional steps to ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff.
We have currently adjusted our nutrition coaching and exercise protocols to maximize immunity and the ability to fight potential infections and stay healthy and fit. We are applying the latest research for the MOST effective protocol for both.
Effectively immediately, we are taking proactive measures to maintain a safe environment at our center. We request that all clients wash their hands before each session.
If you are worried, know that TriSystem is safer than traditional gyms, because we only have a few clients coming to our facility compared to the thousands that go other places. We typically see one or two clients at a time and are able to keep our center cleaner than other facilities. If you are still unsure or considering rescheduling please consider our virtual sessions online for your session.
We suggest virtual sessions if you meet any of the following criteria:
1. You have returned from travel to a Level 3 Travel Health Notice Country within the past 14 days. These countries currently include China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea.
2. You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
3. You have had recent contact with an individual with confirmed COVID-19.
A requirement for onsite sessions and a good general habit,
We request you wash your hands onsite, before each session
and we will once again verify that you do not meet any of the above criteria.
At the TriSystem Center, you can be assured that we are being proactive in the following ways:
1. We have increased the frequency and intensity of center cleaning using disinfectants that effectively kill viruses including COVID-19.
2. We have placed additional hand-sanitizer around the TriSystem Center.
3. We have asked that trainers and other affiliates stay home if they are ill in any way.
4. We have also shared best-practice health tips with our team, and we plan to keep them updated on a daily basis.
Tina, my family, and I have made a personal commitment to monitor and follow guidance provided by local public health agencies to protect our team members and clients against potential exposure to COVID-19. I will send any updates as they are available. Below, I have attached the latest update from the County of San Diego.
I strongly encourage you to review and adhere to all protocols suggested by the CDC which you can find here:
Feel free to email me personally at email@example.com with any questions you may have, as I value you immensely as a client in our center.